FIXED DENTAL PROSTHESIS
Dental Implant Prosthetics
In cases where all teeth are missing, they can be completely replaced by non-removable restorations placed on implants. In this case implants are placed on the jaw and complete dentures are cemented or screwed on them firmly.
These dentures are not removed, and they offer excellent aesthetics and function. For a fixed denture for the maxilla, 6-8 implants need to be placed, while for the lower jaw, 5-6 implants are needed.
The advantages of the complete dentures over implants are many such as:
- it has a very good aesthetics because the bone of the jaw is not absorbed and does not change the facial features and expression.
- it is a reliable solution in order to function without problems for many years
- it is absolutely stable and it is not removed from the patient because it is cemented or permanently screwed on the implants.
- the patient gets used to it extremely quickly after it is placed, and it feels as comfortable as with his natural teeth.
- the patient is able to eat each food without any problems.
- the palate is not covered so the restoration does not change the sensation and taste
- the gingiva and mucous membranes are not injured.