Removable complete overdentures are modified dentures that mount on implants to provide stability. For a denture in the maxilla, at least 4 implants are needed, while for a denture in the lower jaw at least 2 implants are needed.
The advantages of implant-supported dentures are many such as:
- it is a reliable solution in order to function without problems for many years.
- it is stable because it mounts on the implants.
- it allows proper chewing of food.
- the patient gets used to it quickly, since it does not cover the palate so the sensation and the taste do not change.
- the gingiva and mucous membranes are not injured.
- they have a very good aesthetics.
- it is a relatively inexpensive solution.
- surgeries for implant placement are not in great extent.